Saturday, October 15, 2011

Quiltfest

Today Sally and I attended the quilt show in Santa Clara. It was a lot to see. Bad news: all little old lady quilters look alike. If I lost my sister at the convention center, my description of her to security would have matched 90% of the women in attendance. Same if she had needed to describe me. We had to stick close in the mob of gray haired ladies arriving by the bus-load. I think I've found my people!

I used my retirement gift to buy a design wall--really just a piece of flannel stretched between tent poles. Strange things excite me these days. Poor Daddy will lose more of the living room to the quilt studio when the wall arrives. Many thanks to the colleagues who gave me the means to splurge on what I've wanted for many months.


- Posted by Rosewood Lady

Location:Santa Clara

No comments:

Post a Comment